This past week was a rite of passage for our club and a big congratulations and thank you goes out to our volunteers, coaches, skiers and of course Calabogie Peaks Resort. This weekend was an example of high performance at the club level; just checkout what we did on the start of our 11th season:
- Our volunteers hosted a very successful Canada Cup competition which is Freestyle Canada’s national competition circuit for athletes trying to qualify for Provincial or National Team spots. It was very exciting to see our volunteers work hard at building and running such a successful competition of this caliber at our home hill, Calabogie Peaks. Calabogie Peaks was an outstanding host providing us with the facilities and support from snow making to snow grooming machines to make the event happen. We had 2 athletes Mathew and Jason who not only participated in the event, but skied very well and are showing their teammates that our club can leave a good footprint at this level of competition.
- Our coaches did a fantastic job coaching at the Canada Cup competition and made sure our athletes learned by picking out details from competitors. Our coaches also ran our first day on snow without a hitch making sure everyone had a fun, safe day.
So again, a big thank you to:
- Our volunteers who ran up and down the course a million times all week long.
- Our home hill, Calabogie Peaks, for being at the other end of the line ready to move a mountain.
- Our coaches for taking every opportunity to teach and improve our programs and our skiers for having open minds and wanting to have fun while working hard.